Wednesday, November 15, 2006

he walks tall

I am creating this blog in hopes of hearing from fans of "Joe Don Baker", if you are out there please send me your comments.I believe this man to be the most under rated movie actor since he began his career in the late 1960"s. He is most remembered for his starring role in 'Walking Tall', but he has made so many other wonderful movies for which i think his acting ability has not been noticed like it should have. You have seen him in the "Bond movies". He acted in movies with the best of the best. The man has played the hero, the villian, and the man in the street, he has shown himself to be funny, in the movie "The Dukes Of Hazzard". He can and does it all. My movie hero has been in his own movie series, "Eischied, and Mitchell, and so many made for tv movies. He was in one of the best ever made for tv movie called "The Edge Of Darkness". This is one of my favorite movies with JDB. It was a 1986 release, that i hope you saw, and if you did'nt, watch for it to come on tv. Write it down as a "must watch movie".

5 comments:

Mike said...

I worked with Joe Don in '95 on a film called "The Grass Harp" for about 7 weeks and totally enjoyed it..write and I tell you more ( getdown109@yahoo.com )............Mike

rixta said...

Just think Joe Don always played the big man in an understated way. Edge of Darkness was more than a UK classic. It got into the mind of a generation. I hope he's a happy man.

Ritchie (UK)

Lehman said...

I think Quentin Tarantino needs to star JDB in his own Grindhouse movie.

Lehman said...

I think Quentin Tarantino needs to star JDB in his own Grindhouse movie.

LouMke said...

I really like Joe Don. Unfortunately, i havent seen enough of his work. But I really enjoyed him as Molly the hitman in Charlie Varrick. I hated he got killed in Cape Fear. He seemed to be far too skilled to be taken out by Cady. He was of course outstanding as Buford Pusser. I also really enjoyed him in the few episodes I saw of him in Eischied. i wish I could get the series set in dvd. An understated role of his was as the Parker like sidekick in the Robert Duvall film The Outfit.
He and Powers Boothe are my absolute two favorite character actors.